Through this article, we will help you with how to get the root access of your Huawei P20, P20 lite, and P20 Pro using TWRP recovery.
Once you follow our simple step by step instructions, it will be easy for you to root your Huawei phone.
With the launch of Huawei P20 series the company entered among the list of best smartphone seller and is considered to be flagship phones by the company.
Supported by the most excellent quality hardware equipment, a custom software with a substantial EMUI 8.0 Android skin, Huawei P20 series is now one of the strong competitors of Google Pixel 2 and Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
As the technology is growing faster so in this competitive word before the developers find out ways to bring some advancements to Huawei P20, P20 lite, and P20, root your Huawei P20 device and install TWRP custom recovery following these easy steps.
Below are the instructions that will help you through the process and make the installation easy for you.Make sure you follow all the steps correctly as instructed.
If you are using TWRP for the first time, then it may seem a bit of lengthy process, but once you are done, you will get used to it.
To root your Huawei P20 series, the first thing is to Unlock the bootloader of your phone. You should remember that by unlocking the bootloader of your phone, it will remove everything from your phone.
So, you need to make a backup of your phone and after that follow these steps.
First, you need to install ADB and Fastboot Driver.
Form your phone setting Enable USB debugging: “Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times and you will become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging” Just Switch on this option.
Click on below links and select your device.
1) TWRP for Huawei P20 (model no. EML).
2) TWRP for Huawei P20 Pro (model no. CLT).
3) Ramdisk IMG file for Huawei P20 Lite (model no. ANE).
After downloading the TWRP or Ramdisk for your device, now start rooting your device.
Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P20 Series.
Install TWRP and in order to root Huawei P20 series. The first step is to unlock the bootloader. One thing you should keep in your mind that by doing so your device warranty will automatically be lost. Follow the below link for the procedure.
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery.
Follow the below steps in order to install the TWRP.
1) Connect the compatible USB cable with your phone and computer (try to connect the original cable that is provided by the Huawei in the phone box).
2) Now open the Command prompt window in the same directory where TWRP file is present. Press the SHIFT key and Right-click on the blank space. Select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open command window here” from the pop-up menu.
3) Write following command on Powershell and press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
4) write following command in fast boot mode.
fast boot flash ramdisk <twrp-recovery-filename.img>
(For example: If the file name is TWRP_P20_0.1.IMG, type “fast boot flash ramdisk Huawei-P20-Lite-root-patched_ramdisk.img”)
5) After flashed, reboot your device.
6) Now you can verify the root access using the this from Google Play Store.
That’s It!! Enjoy
How to flash SuperSU on Huawei p20 pro, p20 lite and p20 for root access
1) On your computer download this.
2) Now copy the uploaded file to your phone storage.
3) Now open the Command prompt and press the SHIFT key and Right-click on the blank space. Select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open command window here” from the pop-up menu.
4) Type the following command on PowerShell.
adb reboot recovery
5) After the device is booted, you will see the TWRP interface as shown below.
6) Tap on “Install” and choose the Zip File that you copied.
7) Now confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash.”
8) Tap on “Wipe cache/dalvik,” by doing so the phone will not stick after being rebooted and the phone will restart smoothly.
9) Tap on “Reboot System.”
Thank you for reading Step by Step Guide to Install TWRP and Root Huawei P20 Pro, P20 lite, and P20 .Tell us if you find this article helpful and your suggestions will be consider. We will be uploading more tech related articles in the future so, keep in touch with us.